Through the Access Accelerator, the Cancer Service Line (CSL) and the Penn Center for Cancer Care Innovation (PC3I) at the Abramson Cancer Center (ACC) invite applications for initiatives that aim to create and test innovative solutions to address challenges in cancer care access at Penn Medicine.
We seek proposals for initiatives which:
- Build on recent progress in providing timely access to care and have the potential to: 1) result in large-scale improvements in cancer care access, and 2) scale enterprise-wide, including across Penn Medicine entities and/or across cancer disease teams;
- Utilize rapid-cycle and innovation approaches to learn and iterate quickly;
- Will be executed within six months;
- Directly incorporate feedback from key stakeholders, including patients;
- Apply a health equity lens and include approaches to improve equitable access; and
- Align with Access 2.0 & Cancer Service Line priorities.
Selected initiatives will be announced by September 2021 and launch by October 2021. The initiative period will be six months.
Faculty and staff from across Penn Medicine are encouraged to apply. Submissions not selected to participate in the CSL-PC3I Access Accelerator will still have access to support and advising from Penn Medicine leaders in cancer care delivery, access, and innovation as appropriate.
- June 22, 2021: RFP Release Date
- August 31, 2021: Submission Deadline
- September 2021: Selected Initiatives Announced
- October 2021: Initiative Launch
All submissions must be received by 11:59pm ET on August 31, 2021.
Please direct any questions to Kerry Coughlin at PC3I: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Despite known screening and diagnosis delays, PC3I finds the pandemic was not associated with treatment initiation delays or changes for patients with newly-diagnosed advanced cancer.
The National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Oncology Research Program has awarded funding to a PC3I team to improve patient care and outcomes in early-stage NSCLC.
PC3I is pleased to share our 2020-2021 Impact Report, which shares highlights from our work over the past year to create, test, and scale solutions to some of the most intractable problems in cancer care delivery.